Curious how a whole-home backup generator work? Its easy! Unlike portable generators, permanently installed standby generators eliminate the need for extension cords and gas cans by operating on an existing fuel supply. If you’re concerned about power outages or brownouts, a whole-home generator installed by Suburban Services Group is the perfect solution!
How a Whole-Home Backup Generator Works
A whole-home backup generator, or “standby” generator, is a relatively simple device. When power to the electrical grid that you normally get goes out, the backup generator turns on! A properly sized generator can power everything you need in your home. That includes your refrigerator, HVAC system, security systems, lights, and electronic devices. That’s a lot of peace of mind in one device!
Here’s how it works:
- The generator monitors incoming voltage from the utility line
- When the utility power is interrupted, the generator detects the problem and goes to work
- The automatic transfer switch safely disconnects the utility line and simultaneously connects a new power line from the generator
- Power is restored within seconds
- When utility power is restored, the generator returns to standby mode
Our Staff and Our Service Sets Us Apart!
Yes, you can buy on-line, from a “big box” or electrician, but what do you do for service and maintenance after the purchase?
At Suburban Services Group, we have ALL the capabilities you need for a standby generator:
- Professional sizing: get the proper size for you and your home.
- Numerous factory-trained technicians for FAST service should it be needed.
- Numerous stocked trucks – all over the capital region, and a large stock of parts and entire generators to better serve you!
- Phones are answered 24/7. Try getting that from an online, big box, or average electrician.
- We offer Preventative Maintenance Plans
- We stock Generac parts and maintenance kits
Most people are not prepared for a power outage. In addition to the obvious loss of light, a power outage during the winter could result in the loss of heat and burst pipes. A power outage in warm weather climates could result in the loss of air conditioning and mold damage. In any climate, food left in refrigerators or freezers without power is likely to spoil.
These are significant issues with expensive consequences. Luckily, they can be avoided. As the #1 selling home standby generator, GENERAC automatic standby generators provide peace of mind for home and business owners. No other name in the industry compares.
If you’d like to learn more about a backup generator for your home, contact us today!